Downtown los Angeles
Location: Modernica, 2891 Saco Street, Vernon, CA 90058
Our third event will be the biggest yet, and we've found the perfect space and partners to suit all the stuff we want to share with our friends. As always, everyone's welcome.
- Modernica, the renowned manufacturer and designer of Modern furniture, have an incredible factory just south of downtown Los Angeles, and will be throwing open their doors for our congregation of the devoutly air-cooled. Located 3 miles south of downtown LA at 2891 Saco Street, Vernon CA 90058.
- The property is a large, mixed-use industrial space, full of interesting nooks and crannies. Parking within the event space is $25, and for those just wanting to come socialize, there's ample street parking just outside.
PARKING AND ATTENDANCE
- There's plenty of onsite parking for anyone who wants to bring their Porsche and participate in the show.
- General parking starts at 9am on Sunday the 10th, and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Parking on-site within the event is $25, payable at the entry.
- We will be selecting a sampling of cars representing the diverse eras and genres of air-cooled Porsches for display within a few curated areas. We have been blown away by the response, and now on the week of the show, submissions are closed. If you submitted your car for consideration, we will be in touch shortly via the email you provided, with a plan to load everyone into the show smoothly. If your car isn't selected for curated display, don't fret, you can still park inside the in a different section of the venue.
- Spectator admission to the event is a flat $10 for adults, and children are free, payable at the entry. There is ample street parking just outside the venue.
- We are a grom and dog-friendly bunch, and we'll have live music, food and coffee available for purchase all day.
- We will again have a pop-up shop selling Luftgekühlt apparel, hand-screened event posters and a few surprises.
- We're doing our first Luftgekühlt car project and auctioning it to benefit the Autumn Leaves Project, a charity dedicated to funding pancreatic cancer research. We have partnered with RM Sotheby's to handle the auction, and are thrilled to have them on board.
- Pelican Parts is partnering with us to provide performance parts for the Luftgekühlt car proejct, and we've got an All-Star team engineering, fabricating and helping us bring our vision to fruition: Joey Seely at E-Motion Engineering, Rod Emory at Emory Motorsports and Carby Tuckwell of Deus Customs and many more.